Foster Care Support
To strengthen the ability of foster families to meet the needs of their foster children by implementing community-based resources and education that can decrease the need for institutionalized care.
- Founded in a garage by Rachel Ewald in 2006 and incorporated in 2000.
- Since 2000, FCSF has served over 52,000 children with free clothing, toys, school supplies and safe infant care items throughout every county in GA.
- FCSF provides up to $8 million worth of in-kind services and goods on a budget of just over $700,000 and over 7,000 annual volunteers.
- The State plans to place at least 50% of foster children with relatives by 2018 with little or no support. Many of these families have little income or support of their own.
- FCSF now offer 12 different services to foster parents, including:
Find out more:
Posted by Rich Dippolito
October 10, 2018