Fulton County Board of Health will begin taking contact information for Adults age 65 and over and their caregivers and First Responders who are interested in receiving a vaccination around January 11, 2021. I hope that many of you will be at the top of the list in receiving the vaccine. Visit their website at fultoncountyboh@org for updated information.
Fran Smith: This past week we loss a devoted Rotarian. Fran Smith passed Thursday, Jan. 7th. A member of Roswell Rotary for over 22 years, she lived the 4 way test. For years Fran served with the Family or Rotary, reaching out to others in need. She traveled on mission trips to help with vision care. Fran was always one the first to assist with senior programs. She rarely missed a meeting. Fran had a contagious smile and a big heart.
Please keep Fran's family in your thoughts and prayers. She will be missed.
This Week's Speaker
Phil McKinnely, originally from Oakland, CA, and attended UCLA. He was drafted to the pros, playing seven seasons in the National Football League (NFL), 5 for the Atlanta Falcons, 1 for the LA Rams and 1 for the Chicago Bears. He then played in the United States Football League (USFL) for the Memphis Showboats and Birmingham Stallions.
After retiring as a player, Phil became an American football official, working in college football's Southeastern Conference and NFL Europe before joining the NFL in 2002 as a head linesman. As an official, he wore uniform number 110 for 18 years before retiring in 2019. Phil and Ramona have been married 27 years, and live in Johns Creek.
Online Training Sessions
Judges Needed For Laws of Life
Laws of Life is moving to an online submission and judging platform. With this change, even more volunteers throughout the state can participate!
Online training sessions for judges on how to navigate will begin in January. The judging process begins in February.
Please contact Vivian Bankston @ email@example.com or 770-309-5676 OR you may complete the application by clicking here.
Georgia Ensemble Theatre
To create a connection between artists and audiences of all ages.
• GET’s first production was in 1993 and is the resident professional theatre at the Roswell Cultural Arts Center.
• GET has produced 21 regular seasons of plays and musicals with 141 productions on the main stage at the Roswell Cultural Arts Center and on tour to elementary and middle schools throughout Georgia.
• In 2007, GET was awarded two CABY Awards: one for Outstanding Organization, and one for Excellence in Arts Education.
• GET has been nominated for numerous Suzi Bass Awards for artistic excellence in theatre and received awards from Atlanta Magazine for Best Theatre Company (Readers’ Choice) in 2008 and Best Suburban Drama in 2011.
• GET offers a variety of educational opportunities through adult classes, youth classes, and summer camps.
• GET invests in students’ arts education by offering touring Theatre for Young Audiences performances for elementary, middle, and high school students, by offering in-class workshops such as Literacy Through Drama for elementary students, and by developing Living Study Guide workshops for high school language arts classes.
• In the 2017-2018 season, GET reached over 30,000 students and teachers with curriculum-based, high-quality educational theatre through 20 performances in Fulton County Schools’ Teaching Museum North and field trips to the Roswell Cultural Arts Center.
Find out more:
Rotary Last Week