Friends of the Roswell Parks
To support the Roswell Recreation and Parks Department through fund raising and donations that assist the department in meeting the leisure needs of the citizens of Roswell by providing quality comprehensive recreational opportunities and quality comprehensive parks and facilities.
• Founded in 1966.
• The annual Roswell Arts Festival is held on the third Saturday and Sunday of September at the Historic Roswell Square.
• Since its founding, the Roswell Arts Festival has donated over $1,000,000 to support programs serving thousands of children and adults.
• Donated $155,000 toward the purchase of over 100 acres of park land, including 73 acres that is now Roswell Area Park.
• Donated $299,700 to construct a Sprayground at Riverside Park.
• Provided funding for numerous community improvements including: the Visual Arts Center, Leita Thompson Memorial Garden, playground equipment at Riverside Park, construction and furnishings for the Adult Recreation Center, the Miracle Field, and the Serenity Garden at Roswell Area Park.
Find out more: