To build a sense of self for students with special learning needs through academic and experiential programming, and to prepare individuals for fulfillment of their true potential as confident, productive, and independent adults.
• The Cottage School was founded in 1985 by Rotarians Jacque and Joe Digieso as an alternative to traditional academic models.
• TCS is fully accredited by AdvanceEd, for SAIS and SACS serving students from 4th grade through high school.
• TCS was named by the Masters in Special Education Resource Guide as one of their Top 50 Best Private Special Needs Schools in the United States.
• TCS provides a comprehensive academic college preparatory curriculum that meets Georgia high school graduation standards and HOPE scholarship requirements.
• By providing a balanced blend of academic and experiential programming, students acquire a strong sense of their individual skill set and develop the confidence to venture into areas of academics, athletics, and social interaction that, in the past, may have seemed beyond their reach.
• TCS Interact Club is very active participating with the Atlanta Humane Society, Be The Voice, and Relay for Life North Fulton among other initiatives.
• Numerous Rotarians have been involved in TCS since its beginning including several Rotarians who currently serve on the TCS Board of Directors.
Find out more: